Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Change in blog format...yet again

While I love the snapshots I've been including I don't want to feel compled to have to post one everyday, since not everyday will have a sharable moment. Snapshots will probably end up in most posts from now on, but I also want to add a quotes section and a reading list to the side of my blog. So I will no longer include the books I am currently reading but rather leave some of the best on the sidebar. The Vowel Poetry has lost interest and the ideas section is coming back into focus. SO, the revamp is going to look like this:

In blog posts: Ideas, snapshots if possible and quotes

On sidebar: my blog list which is getting longer and longer, my book list, and pictures if I can get them

Now, since we've finished logistical stuff, on to the real intersting part.

I think all of the 3200 people who were at the conference went away with something different, as can be seen by several different blogs all posting about it. But, how many of us are going to keep the flame burning longer than a month? I think Perseverance is very hard to follow through with. For example, two summers ago I made a list of books that I wanted to read by the time I turned 16. well now I'm sixteen and I've read less than half of the books because I can't perservere. I've been reading 2 peter with Jenna and in the first chapter Peter lists the steps to ensuring your faith and building your character. (I'm trying to memorize it). It goes something like 'add to your faith goodness and to good ness knowledge and to knowledge self control and to self control perserverance and to perserverance brotherly kindness and to brotherly kindness love.' (2 peter 1:4-7, not exactly quoted). Anyway, while it's really hard to have any of those qualities, perserverance in today's society (like I said I like that word better than culture) is not expected and is often not found. Or how about Galatians 5, where the fruits of the spirit are listed? (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control) How many of us can say we have those? Today I'm taking Ernest Shackleton for my model, who perservered and crossed the antarctic to save a crew of 27 men. and you should too.

Snapshot:
Yesterday I helped my dad and his friend Mr paul take carpet out of Mr. Paul's house. I think I shocked all of Mr. Paul's neighbor's because I am a 16 year old girl and I was dragging dirty carpet out of his house. But it's so much fun to rip carpet out! you just yank it off the floor and haul it out! very easy. the hard part is removing the nails and stables that were holding it down. So that's what I did yesterday.

Qoute: "Something is wrong when our lives make sense to non-believers" (from the book Crazy Love, compliments of megan brown)

quick snapshot story thing that goes with the quote: at camp our life gaurd indie was telling me how her fellow life gaurds think she's crazy for volenteering to be the only life guard at camp for a week and not get paid. makes no sense to non-believers, but to us, Indie's enjoying the chance to fellowship with other christians and effect little campers lives. Cool isn't it?


*I'm in a hurry so I didn't correct my spelling mistakes and such. sorry!

No comments: