Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What defines me...

Listening to the BarlowGirl song Mirror. Thinking about it, in the lyrics she sings that 'you won't define me', 'who are you to tell me that I'm less than what I should be'. Well personally I've never had much trouble with mirrors, but there are other things that define me. The important part is figuring out what parts are good motivators and which are not.

Snapshot:
Now I'm listening to MercyMe's I can only imagine. I had the best chat with my little cousin yesterday about the idea in this song. We were in the car on our way home from Coldstone Creamery and I wasn't wearing a seatbelt. Noah yells up to my dad "Emily's not wearing a seatbelt!" He's really worried about it. He turns around and asks me, 'what if we get hit, then you'll die!" My sister says 'yeah it'll be headline news '16 year old dies in car crash. Cousin tried to warn her''. I laughed and said it would be really funny, then Noah says, 'but you wouldn't be here to see it! You’d be dead. You’ll have to come down on a cloud to read the paper!" So then I said 'Noah I wouldn't be thinking about the paper, my soul would be rejoicing!" Noah says, 'well if I died I'd come visit you."

I was touched by his eight-year-old heart, but thinking about it, I really don't believe in that idea that people can see the world from heaven. Why would you want to? You’re in the presence of God, why would you ever turn back? It's something that I can 'only imagine'.

No comments: