Saturday, February 20, 2010

1 John 3:18

"Let us not love with words or tongue but with action and in truth"

This links to a previous post (about saying I love you).
There are lots of different ways to show you love someone (like giving them a blood orange *grin*).
There's also all that literature about the 5 love languages or the eight ways to show love and all that other stuff.
Valentine's day is all about loving with action (gifts mainly, but other stuff as well).

The harder, and therefore more interesting part, is loving in truth. On the memory card that came from my brother's Sunday School, there's a picture of the Bible to represent truth. I've read the whole chapter, and while I'm not totally sure the verse is pointing to that, it's an interesting thought - love someone in truth. Does that mean give them the truth? Tell them the truth? love them like Christ (example from truth)? I have to think about it and read some more before I can truly say! What do you think it means?

No comments: