Friday, February 19, 2010

First Film Friday

So, I was reading over my last post and I am going to add that if I so choose, I can change Wednesday to Witty Wednesday and/or Friday to Fun Friday or Thursday to Thrilling Thursday in order to get some more amusing things in.

Anyways, today's blurb is on the Brady Girls Getting Married Movie, also known as the Brady Brides. I watched it over the long snow week off with my sisters. It was cute,(I liked Jan's fiancee Philip - he was so nerdy! ^_^) and it's the only Brady Movie that can claim to have all the original cast, which I think is a feat! The movie inspired a short spin-off sitcom that only lasted 10 shows, one of which (the Brady Brides: Newlywed Game) can be found on YouTube, along with the pilot (part 7-9 of the movie on YouTube). The show is kind of funny - I'd like to see the other eight shows just to see how they managed to make so many stories about it. As I was goggle-ing these facts I came across an interesting tidbit - there's a book by Maureen McCormick (aka Marcia Brady). It's called Here's the Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice

Turns out that most of the "Brady Family" got tired of doing the show after the first season, and there was a lot of back stage drama about that 'classic American Family'. Several of the kids have revealed these 'secrets' now that they are older in biographies and interviews. Eve Plumb (Jan Brady) says that she and the other cast members have an unwritten pact to be polite to fans but also to never encourage any other forms of revival. With all the spin-offs and popularity, the Brady Bunch has become one of the icons of the seventies that every kid has seen at least once in their life. As with most actors, if you want to enjoy their work, you should NOT investigate their private lives.

However, if you like the Brady Bunch, the Brady Brides movie, in my mid, was a fitting end to the series (Although, apprently in a later film Jan and Philip adopt a Chinese baby to be multi-cultural, which I think is a cool touch, and I know Ginkgo would love it)

No comments: