Tuesday, March 23, 2010

That's what SHE said

This post has been a LONG time in coming.
In case you aren't caught up on your teenager slang, "That's what she said" is something said to indicate sexual innuendo in a conversation. (Sometimes the innuendo is a bit of a stretch).

I absolutely CANNOT stand "That's what she said" jokes. They can take the most serious of conversations and turn them into inappropriate giggle fests. They are generally misplaced and completely unnecessary.

Not surprisingly, "That's what she said" jokes are generally made by guys. Honestly, guys, I don't understand why you have to snicker at them all the time, can you PLEASE act your age and NOT turn everything into a sexual joke? It's awkward and annoying. I lose respect for you every time you make one. I want you all to be the gentlemen I know you are capable of being, but when you make that's what she said jokes, you are the furthest thing from a gentleman on the face of this earth.

Now, before I get accused of being sexist, I KNOW that girls make "That's what she said" jokes also. They have no excuse, it is just as bad in them.

I spend a lot of time with guys (as the career path I've chosen is male dominated, I'll continue to do so) and I would LOVE if the next time I spend time with them I'm not banging my head against the wall because all they can say is "That's what she said"

No comments: