Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Debugging

I love debugging. I love thinking about the intricacies of the logic of my program, I love seeing how many alternate solutions there are to one CS problem, I love the feeling of control I get when the computer does exactly what I tell it to do. As frustrating as I may find the assignments, I love creating the sometimes cool, sometimes silly projects I'm assigned. I want to learn how to think outside the box, and how to recognize efficiency. I'm in a little bit of a mental high because I just finished commenting my code for a project, and I also really enjoy commenting, now that I think about it, because it helps me to debug by drawing my attention to the errors in my code. If you don't understand the draw of debugging, then this is a boring post, but in short I love the classes I'm in so I think I'm doing the right major - because it had seriously crossed my mind that I might not be since I don't know what I want to do with it when I graduate - but I'm pretty sure the satisfaction I get from programming answered my question. Sorry this is so scatterbrained, I'm counting down the days till I don't feel the obligation to bore you with whatever thought crosses my mind.

No comments: