Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Music

YouTube. Musical Geniuses. Mind Blown.

So, last night, my roommate and I and our RA and some other friends went a little geek out and started sharing some of our favorite musical YouTube stars. If you don't know, you have to understand that my roommate is amazingly talented when it comes to music. She has a violin, a ukulele, and a keyboard in our room. Also, she's got pictures of herself playing all kinds of other instruments. So, you get the idea, she's fairly musically cultured.

Now, most of my musical experience comes from Classical Kids (Mr. Bach comes to Call, Mr. Beethoven lives upstairs...you get the idea). I love music. I can't play, and I have no desire to, but I do love to listen and I have more of a taste for classical music than the average non-musician. I'm also slowly getting more acclimated to music with lyrics (something I didn't really do as a child). Even so, next to Katrina I am woefully deficient. I simply absorbed.

In spite of a slight feeling of inadequacy, I did really enjoy last night's musical exploration. If you have time, go find these youtube channels:
KurtHugoSchneider
kemlye1
kolusola

Or these videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-XqoNSyFGs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFybwg4wadI

No comments: