Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday

When I was a little girl, they gave out big palm leaves and the tiny little crosses folded out of palm leaves to all the kids on Palm Sunday. It's been a very long time since I've seen one of those palm crosses. I should learn how to make them. As little children, we'd run around outside shouting "Hosannah! He is risen!", just like we'd seen and heard on the Donut Man videos and tapes that my grandparents had given us. Today, I realized I don't really know what Hosanna means. "Hosanna" is, according to Wikipedia, an exclamation of praise that means "save us, we pray".

So. It's Palm Sunday. Rejoice and be glad for this is the day that the Lord has made, the anniversary of the day he rode into Jerusalem, rode towards his death, and resurrection, rode towards salvation. Matthew 21:1-11

No comments: