Saturday, October 6, 2012

GHC Women in Computing Conference

So, this past weekend I had the excellent opportunity to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration for Women in Computing. It was absolutely fabulous. Thousands of women all passionate about computing. Tons of booths with potential employers, fascinating workshops about open source software and mentoring for diversity in academia and teaching students with robotics and so on. It was really cool. I don't have the time to go into a lot of detail now (I have to catch up on homework that I put off while attending the conference), but the posters from the last twelve conferences were on display. (see photos). I also got to see my beloved high school CS teacher, which was a pleasant surprise. Thanks to my school for funding my attendance!





No comments: