Monday, April 13, 2009

An easter poem, not by me

So, this is a little trite, a little cliche, but still cool. read my thought at the bottom.

Letters Of The Alphabet:
ALL are loved by God
BECAUSE He died on the cross, we have the chance to go to Heaven
CHRISTIANS can go to Heaven
DYING earthly doesn't mean you have to die spiritually
EVERYONE should believe in God
God FORGIVES our sins
GOD created the world
HEAVEN awaits if you are a Christian
I am a Chrisitan
JESUS was perfect
Jesus was KILLED on the cross
God is LOVING
MAKE Jesus what you believe in
NEVER underestimate God's power
ONLY believing in Jesus gets you to Heaven
Jesus is your PATH to Heaven
QUITTING half way there would make no sense
Jesus ROSE from the grave
Jesus is our SAVIOR
The Bible TELLS us of His love
JESUS was God's Son
Learn Bible VERSES
John 11:35, 'Jesus WEPT.' -Jesus experienced human emotions
Jesus is the only way to get to Heaven. Jesus is the map and the X on the map is Heaven
YOU need to be a Christian to go to Heaven
The last letter: hard to find. Yet, God made it so we could sleep in peace: ZZZ


****back to Me****
So, in a sense (and this might be reaching too far, but bear with me) this is an interpretation of the gospel. It contains someone's summation of the key points of the gospel, the 'alphabet' points, the basics.

There's a song we sing called the gospel song:
"Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bear my blame
On the cross he took my sin
By his death I live again"

That is also an interpretation of the gospel.
But, when you here the words "the gospel" what do you think?
I've heard that phrase all my life, but I don't really know what I think when I hear them.
So I'm curious. What do you see, or hear, or feel, or think, when you say "the gospel"?

There are no right answers, there are no wrong answers, there's just your opinion.
But I do want your thoughts. Please respond.

1 comment:

Lindsay Anne said...

oh Emily! I love that song! it was used in Pilgrim at Covenant Life.