Friday, November 20, 2009

The pot and the kettle

The other day I was griping to my mother about how my friends have blogs, post on them consistently for a month or so, and then drop them, putting an unused, unvisited site on the Internet. I purposefully neglected the fact that they had busier lives than I did and weren't letting the Internet be a distraction.

And then I went most of the month of November without writing on my blog. Ever heard of the 'pot calling the kettle black'? That's me! :-)

So anyways, just some things I've been rolling around in my head:

~ missionaries are some of the most vocal about their opinions of government policies. Because they've seen poverty in other parts of the world on their own, they have no tolerance for the bureaucracy behind the paternalism.

~ people are generally different when you talk to them personally than when they feel like they're on show in front of a whole group. When they speak in front of a group, no matter how much they like you and want to talk to you, they do have a certian agenda they need to get through, so cut your teachers some slack. (I am VERY guilty of this one)

~ Have you seen the Doritios superbowl commercial contest? Everyone vote for the SKIT GUYS and their giant penguin commercial!!

~ if you haven't yet heard of Julian Smith, check out his website! www.juliansmith.tv
(adults be warned-you may not find this as funny as teenagers, but I LOVE it.)

~ Next time you see me in person, ask me what I've been learning from/about God recently - I've been telling people and it's been really cool. I want to keep it up, so ask me to remind me! But be warned - I'll probably ask you right back!

And that's the end of my random (written out of guilt for ignoring you) blog post!
Hopefully I'll be back next week with some thoughts about Thanksgiving...but I make no promises! (PS - comment on this: it motivates me to write more often when I know people are 'tuning' in)

No comments: