Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Secret to Good Cooking

One of the most exciting things about living in my own apartment is experimenting with food. During the week, I usually go with my normal school routine of eating somewhere on campus between classes. On the weekend, however, the kitchen is my uncharted west, my unexplored seas, my...well, you get the idea. So far I've cooked pretty simple things, but eventually i'd like to try more difficult dishes. My roommate Katrina tried making a version of fried rice, and I'd like to try that at some point.

I actually already have a surprising amount of cooking prowess. The only issue is that all the things I know how to cook rely on having a large family to consume leftovers. So far, almost everything I've tried has involved a large amount of leftovers, so I have to be willing to eat it over a couple of days.

I also try to eat vegetarian while at school.  No, I don't particularly care about animals - I just think it's healthier, and it's actually better for the  world economy, because it takes less to grow plants than to groom meat for eating. However, I don't really know how to cook vegetarian, so that's been another adventure. Fortunately, Pinterest has come to the rescue there.

A secret to good cooking: no recipe is perfect. Try it, and edit it to your own choices.

1 comment:

Katrina C said...

:)

(Sorry I don't have much else to say)