Monday, December 2, 2013

Failure

So, as my sister so graciously pointed out over Thanksgiving break - I failed at blogging in November and I also didn't finish my NaNoWriMo Sleeping Beauty story. You'll have to pardon me for not feeling bad about that - I post on my blog when I feel it's relevant (i.e. the Romeo and Juliet review) and in the recent past, blog-relevant thoughts haven't been coming to me (although I could do an interesting one on the Hunger Games, if I get motivated enough).

Also, as the end of the year is coming up, I'm reflecting on the failure of some of my new year's resolutions (blogging being one of them) so I'm sure we'll be talking about it a lot here.

But failure, like many things, is how we learn. And figuring out why we fail, that's an important part of learning too. Here's an example - for several years now, I've made some kind of weight loss goal for new years, and not managed to meet it. Why? Well, for a few reasons, I think - one, I was trying to do it all on my own and it's super hard to motivate yourself, and two, because I don't think I was being realistic in my goals and how much I wanted to accomplish in what period of time.

Whoever ends up reading this (as I am always surprised when friends mention reading my blog) thanks for putting up with my failing on a "promise" to blog everyday last month. Hopefully I'll blog for you all again soon!

(oh, in the meantime, my assistant editor at the newspaper has a blog, and as I love reading her thoughts, I think you might as well, so here's a plug for http://www.imanislounge.com/).

No comments: