Friday, February 20, 2009

From Carrie

Hey all, I'm home alone on a Friday afternoon, finally getting a chance to post a ton of stuff that I've been thinking about but haven't been able to sit down and type out. But first, a really good thought from my friend Carrie.

"So I'm a teenager. Pretty crazy. I'm one of those notorious citizens that are known for getting on everyone's nerves and causing a ruckus being hoodlums. Time has flown by since freshman year. I'm in a constant state of unawareness because I really can't tell if I feel like a freshman or a 25 year old. I believe that teenagers are crazy, dramatic, irrational, unstable people, for the most part. But really, do we ever get over any of that? Probably not. As much as I'd like to think when I'm 24 I'll be living in a chic apartment in Miami with my marketing job, perfect finances and convenient relationship, I might not be. Despite how unaware of reality I am at the moment, I still need to cherish every moment I get to spend in this state of nonchalant relaxation- living at home, traveling, having easy classes, spending time with friends almost every day, having nice stuff, having a stable life, having unconditional love. The future doesn't scare me as much as it confuses me. I really don't understand it at all. I know I'll be fine and I don't have much to be scared of, but trying to understand this mess is a whole different story. I guess it's good I don't have to understand it. I just need to live my life in baby steps. I've been dating a guy for over 2 years. That is about 10% of my life so far. WOW.That is one area where I feel like an adult and then I realize that I'm just a kid graduating highschool. Then I realize I'm leaving high school and I feel like I should be graduating 8th grade. My emotions are all over the radar. I used to hate the cliche that said "You just need to discover who you are." I've found myself doing this lately. I'm not worried about who I am because I know that God knows me so well. But sometimes I'm at a loss for words to describe myself. It just surprises me because I've changed so much so I don't really know what I'm like. I know my tendencies, but does that mean I know my personality?I just think it's important to notice what a remarkable, unique, significant stage of life we're all at."

Which I, Emily, totally agree with. Thanks Carrie!

No comments: