Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Day of School

Today was the first day of my semester. I kept thinking today how cliche my day was turning out to be. This morning, I had my first Linear Algebra lecture. It was held in the kind of lecture hall with rotating blackboards, and on a slope so that the students look down on the professor, and it felt very typical of college classes.

There was a great post by David, the author of Co-Create UMBC, all about his first day of college. In all honesty, I don't remember my actual first day of classes here. I remember my Honors orientation, and remembered being at Convocation, but I don't remember the first day of classes. I remember my first day of high school though. I came home from my first day of high school convinced I was going to fail Geometry because I didn't know how to do FOIL. But it turned out to be fine, I had a great math teacher that year and Geometry remains my favorite kind of math to this day.

How was your first day of classes this year (if you're still a student, of any kind)? If you're not a student, what was your first day of school like?

1 comment:

//megan said...

I'm not sure that I remember my first day of classes either, although I do know that we covered Dr Faustus is my very first class freshman year.