Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Heroes

With the rise of the Olympics, the term "hero" has gotten thrown around a lot. I'm not sure I would call them heroes. So I looked it up on dictionary.com, and here are the definitions.
  1. A person, typically a man, who is admired for courage or noble qualities.
  2. The chief male character in a book, play, or movie, who is typically identified with good qualities.
So I don't know that I would call the Olympians heroes, per say, since I'm not sure athleticism is noble, or courageous. They're also not protagonists of books. Sure, they're dedicated, hardworking, and worthy of a lot of respect, but not heroes.

The other day I told my little brother he was one of my heroes. Because he is. But then I started thinking about my other heroes. How about you - who are your heroes?

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You should tell us why your brother is a hero! XOXO - Gingko
P.S. I always read your blog and I love it muchisimo, because it makes me feel connected to you.