Wednesday, December 3, 2008

With so much out there...

This is for other bloggers.

I was blog surfing today. Have you ever noticed how many people post all kinds of facts about thier life on the web? It's a little bit scary, seeing how much of our lives we are willing to open up to total strangers. I'm not downplaying blogs, but I thought it was interesting. And I wanted to ask a question.

With so much out there, so many other blogs that can be read, what will make your's special? Why should we visit your blog? What makes it unique?

Some of my favorite blogs:
~ Katie's 'missionary blog'
~ The Hope for Emily blog
~ Christy Thomas' photo blog

But they have elements like any other blog. so, to return to my original question, what will make your writings unique?





I'd like to propose that nothing will.




Yes, that's right. Instead of going the Mr. Rodgers Route* and telling you that you're special, I'm going to tell you that you are non-unique, your writings will be like everyone else's. So with that in mind, why write? I know why I do, and I'll tell you soon. But I want you to think about it. Why do you write?

Comment and tell me.

*(I have nothing against Fred Rogers, I love his show, but I'm trying to make a point)

No comments: