Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tiny Talk Tuesday - sort of

Although I am not a mom, I loved reading Ms. Laurel's tiny talks so much that today I am going to post my own, but with a slightly different spin.

My three year old sister went to the dentist yesterday and camp back with a bag full of little prizes, and she showed them all to me as soon as I got home from school. She kept saying "Wait, there's one more thing! Come back!!". One of the things she showed me was a tiny adjustable cotton bracelet - excatly like the one I had recieved at the dentist when I was a kid (different dentist, FYI).

That bracelet triggered a memory for me. When I was a kid, my next sister and I always wnet to the dentist on the same day, and got the same prizes. On the day we got those bracelets, my little sister had gotten a pretty blue one, and I got an orange and black one, which reminded me of Halloween, which terrified me when I was little. Anyways, I was really mad that I'd gotten an ugly one.

Most of my childhood memories are like that - bad things that happen to you have a greater impact on your mind. For example, there was the time my aunt yelled at me for being loud. then there was the time i got lost at the store. and the time i got lost at the zoo. the time I broke one of my grandma's figurines, and the list goes on. It's sort of sad that the majority of my memories are bad. not all of my memories are bad, but bad stuff sticks more in the mind of a kid. How about you? any fun stories?

No comments: